DIY Caw Files from various simmers!!
05-10-2011, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 12:56 PM by Sookielee.)
Y2-thumbsup DIY Caw Files from various simmers!!
These are CAW files for you to edit to your likings. You place them in My documents/Electronic Arts/Create a world/usertooldata/worlds folder.

These are in Winrar files that you can extract there, and you can also leave them in the folder in which winrar opens them too. (I find this way of organizing best when you have multiple CAW world files.). Also deleting layers should be easy as I organize and name them as I go. example: if you don't want the houses, just delete the layer called resident homes.

Once you make the changes you want. You need to make a .PNG picture and edit the description for your likings and you can then export the world. Auntielynds has tutorials here: http://ts3cc.forumotion.ca/t607-tutorial...fferent-id If you are new to CAW or if you become stuck with something check out our own CAW Discussion or TS3CC's CAW Resource Library

These all have been at one point or another uploaded to the EA website. If you want to use one of these worlds to uploaded to your profile, you will have to create a height map from the town in CAW then start from scratch!

MIDDLETOWN BAY:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/913lfnr6fd...%20CAW.rar

QUIET ACRES:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8yp1e8cum7...0Acres.rar

SOUTH GREENSBURGH:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qa4304s22t...sburgh.rar

TWO MILE ISLAND:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0lqcw9llx3...Island.rar
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
RE: DIY Caw Files
Please also feel free to add your own if you want!!!
05-10-2011, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 10:08 AM by Gurra.)
I quote this from my Sunhaven thread :):

(03-04-2011 04:27 PM)Gurra Wrote:  
Sunhaven Lite (CAW files)

Do you want to build your own town on my pretty island of Sunhaven? Then, here they are: the CAW files from a lite version of Sunhaven.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=84]

Everything except the ground layer is taken away for you to modify it the way you want! If you upload a world based on this; please give me credit.
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wqz12hmgnnj
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
TY Gurra!!!!!
05-10-2011, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 12:54 PM by Regina.)
RE: DIY Caw Files from various simmers!!
Nice, thank you both for sharing these! Sunshine

I'm pinning so this doesn't get lost in the discussions.
05-21-2011, 02:04 AM
can i get middletown as a world and not a CAW file? I love the picture of this world, it's exactly what I'm looking for but i don't want to use CAW. please let me know.
05-21-2011, 09:29 AM
(05-21-2011 02:04 AM)spacey Wrote:  can i get middletown as a world and not a CAW file? I love the picture of this world, it's exactly what I'm looking for but i don't want to use CAW. please let me know.

Here ya go!! Enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1hxp3ey225....Sims3Pack
05-21-2011, 06:04 PM
(05-21-2011 09:29 AM)Aynat Wrote:  
(05-21-2011 02:04 AM)spacey Wrote:  can i get middletown as a world and not a CAW file? I love the picture of this world, it's exactly what I'm looking for but i don't want to use CAW. please let me know.

Here ya go!! Enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1hxp3ey225....Sims3Pack

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I love this world...
07-02-2011, 01:28 PM
hello :) is it possible for you to give me "quiet acres" as a world? my CAW tool doesn't work and I really like that world; also, can you give it to me without roads, I want to build a medieval world and the roads really kind of spoil the effect :D please, please, please ?
07-02-2011, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2011 03:33 PM by Regina.)
chloeandon you can find the finished version of Quiet Acres listed here in the World Index, although it does have roads.

I can't speak for Aynat on whether she would want to delete the roads and export it without them for you but I will say that it's practically impossible to play in a world with no roads. Unless a world is very small, Sims do need roads, otherwise they can't get where they need to go in a reasonable time.

Oops! I just realized I added the wrong URL. :P
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM
(07-02-2011 02:20 PM)Regina Wrote:  chloeandon you can find the finished version of Quiet Acres listed here in the World Index, although it does have roads.

I can't speak for Aynat on whether she would want to delete the roads and export it without them for you but I will say that it's practically impossible to play in a world with no roads. Unless a world is very small, Sims do need roads, otherwise they can't get where they need to go in a reasonable time.

thank you, Regina :D and about the no roads thing, I would even be willing to cheat and teleport if it would help me have a gorgeous world *blush*
07-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I can relate to that. Laughtingoutloud_32x32 There are worlds created with that type of setting that use completely custom roads like "Castle Keep" that AuntieLynds made which is listed in this thread.
07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Z6-smile RE: DIY Caw Files from various simmers!!
I did stumble upon "castle keep", but to my complete sadness, it crashed my game when I tried to load it, so I had to remove it :( that was sort of the last straw, it strenghtened my resolve that I have to get my hands on a world, or fall prey to everyday real life..and I cannot imagine who would want that :/
07-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Well fiddle sticks. Someone else today posted about a world crashing on loading so Judy posted some tips and I tried to scrounge up some more information on that. You can try the things we suggested here and see if any of it helps. I know sometimes a perfectly good world will do that.
07-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Hey Mr. Crumplebottom has a medieval looking smallish world called Simwood Forest and then there is also that fabulous Harry Potter World I think the creators name is something like DSgames or something like that - It's in the world index. It does require Jinx's rugs though for that one. It's also small than Aunty Lynds - but not much.

Quiet Acres is a very nice world but you might have it tough with no roads as even when we get horses it is liable to need roads of some kind.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk