Can't click my Sim or interact with other Sims?
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 08:11 PM by TatiNicole.)
X3-exclamation Can't click my Sim or interact with other Sims?
My Sim was a Teen when this started, she just turned into a Young Adult.
When she was a Teen she wanted to pull a prank on the school and got caught, being taken home to be scolded by her Mother. But her Mother was stuck in the elevator and didn't get to the Daughter, so she didn't get in trouble. But the Teen Sim was sneaking, and she won't stop. She got scolded again the Next night for a late curfew and her mother properly scolded her then. But my Sim even now as a Young Adult, is continuing to Sneak across the entire house, and I can't click on her when I have her selected, and I also can't click on other Sims to interact with them when having her selected.

I've tried Resetting her, and giving her different clothes, waiting 24 sim hours, and buying her a new bed. I'd be really disappointed if I have to start over, considering I have an ENTIRE family on this save (cousins, uncles, grandparents, nieces, half-siblings etc the whole nine yards). It's discouraging that EA is coming out with new Stuff Packs (i.e Diesel and Sweet Things or whatever) but won't even fix their common, much complained about bugs and errors. :/

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
RE: Can't click my Sim or interact with other Sims?
reset sim did not stop it? I hope someone here can give you an idea of what to try, as I am at a total loss. I promise though to keep an eye out for anything that might help. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to locate something surfing around. I am sorry this is happening and can understand you frustration.
06-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Is there anyway you can move the affected sim to another lot? Or the entire family? It might stop it and correct what's wrong. Sometimes, a lot gets corrupt if played too long.
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I moved your thread to the Game & Computer Issues Help section.

Here is a link to possible solutions to your problem

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug...where.html
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 02:54 PM by Santori.)
You CAN split up house holds - moves Sims from one house to another. If you want to remove her from your household, click on the Sim you want to get rid of and then click on Phone, then Move.

When the option comes up you have that Sim alone on the right side of the 2 panels and below you can click on KICK OUT and then hit the check mark. This Sim will say GoodBye to everyone and walk out and everything that this Sim has in their bag will be moved to yours and poof.. they're gone.

There's another way to separate Sims but I'd have to start my game to get the exact instructions on doing this.

I hope this helps? ;)

I just thought of something else also....

If you have Mods - package files - for lot building or for Sims (Hair, clothing or what ever), they may not be working properly with the latest update.

One possible fix for this is to get the TSR RIG FIX (The Sims Resource has this) and then run it on your Sims 3 Folder in your Documents folder, this will check through and then fix (??) any and all files that need correcting. This may help as well. One note is that if and when you run it on the full game folder, it may take a long time depending on how many files you have in there (mods and downloads, ect.) and windows may say that the program is not responding - just wait, it may take quite a while but it will compile a list of all the files and then it will have check marks in some of the boxes, just hit the FIX ALL and wait till it is done.

If this doesn't help, then maybe some of the mods are not compatible with the current update and you may need to check if the author/creator has updated those with the current patch.
06-12-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 06:52 PM by Ghost.)
Another thing you can do is to back up your saved game.
Now remove all of your CC. (Including the Dccache, saved sims, library, and dcbackup.) Don't delete them, just move them out of the Sims 3 folder into a place you can keep track of them. Clear the caches and start the game. Does the problem still occur? It's not the CC.

If it is fixed, you have some bad CC. Put the Sims3pack items back in. Hope it stays fixed, because if the problem is in there and rigfix doesn't fix it the only thing you can do is to delete everything in there that came in a Sims 3 pack, and then reinstall the sims 3 packs that aren't causing the problem. Since you have no way to know what -is- causing the problem, that is kind of hard to do. Start with sims, and test frequently. If the sims work, go on to the hair, clothing, etc, until you add a batch of sims 3 packs and it breaks again. (If you can live with the Launcher not being sure whether or not something is installed, you can make a backup of the DCCache and DCBackup after each success, and then restore the backup when you find the group that failed.)

If the problem is in the package CC, it's a lot easier to find out what the problem is. Put half of it back. If it works, take it out and check the other half. If that also works, you have a conflict. Run Delphy's Dashboard to find it. If it doesn't work, see if the second half works. If the second half doesn't work either, you probably have more than one problem.
Now if you had one half that worked, put it back in. If you had both halves not working, set one half aside and split the other half into halves. Test one half. If it works, take it out and test the other half. Keep splitting the half that didn't work into halves and testing them until you get down to one bad package. If, at any stage, you find that you have both halves not working, set one of the halves aside for later. Eventually you will get down to one bad package. It works when the package is not there and doesn't work when it is there. Take it out. Now test any other sets of packages that you set aside for later.

When all of the bad CC is out you can figure out what you want to do about the bad CC.

If it's not CC related, and it only happens with one sim, then it is probably that sim that is corrupt.
(I'm not sure that this would help, but I saw a thread at MTS that said that the mod that cures "running disease" will also cure all other stuck walk-styles. I don't have the link for it and when I got rid of a google redirect virus I got rid of my ability to google.)
You could also move the sim out by having a sim from another household ask your sim to move in.
06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Just a note on doing searches, you can search on Goodsearch.com and choose a charity to benefit as you search the internet. Money will be donated to your charity of choice for every search you make. This is an on-line site and I just save it to my bookmarks and go there to find what I need on the web. Plus in the Goodsearch shopping, your purchases on participating sites, such as Amazon.com, make another donation for the charity. I am often having to search for something and I figure there might as well be something good that comes out of it. Sunshine
06-16-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012 10:38 PM by EuphorialQueen.)
Sunshine I just had a household with random issues/errors.
I used 'Save As' and changed the name slightly. That way I had a backup. In the new save I went into Edit Town and chose the option to move the lot. Basically I picked it up and let go putting it in the same spot.
The family reset and all was well. :thumbsup1: -EQ
06-17-2012, 01:06 PM
That's great news EuphorialQueen and very useful information.
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Y2-thumbsup RE: Can't click my Sim or interact with other Sims?
This mod really does help
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=385612
If you get this mod, read the instructions then put in your game. Your sim should be back to normal. I had this problem all the time :D
11-03-2012, 01:44 PM
EQ, I love the "catch and release" option for fixing glitches.

Here's another one to try: Go into otions and click both the aging and story progression buttons off, then back on. Sometimes this will reset the sims as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Y4-heart Can't click on any sims Beignets 4 1,272 04-06-2013 12:41 PM
Last Post: Dasko
Z3-sad Can't click on active Sim MannyR_ 3 3,052 05-30-2012 01:44 PM
Last Post: Sookielee

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk