SIMS 3 ERROR 12 AND 13 SOLVED (REALLY THIS TIME!!!)
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
SIMS 3 ERROR 12 AND 13 SOLVED (REALLY THIS TIME!!!)
(This was originally posted by Guy on the old forum.)

THIS IS FOR 64-BIT OS USERS, 32-BIT-ers YOU CAN DO THIS WITH A FEW EXTRA STEPS THAT I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE TELLING YOU HOW TO PERFORM, DO SOME SEARCHING. MAC-ies, NO CLUE, SORRY. AGAIN TRY SEARCHING

The Sims series is not a Shoot Em Up, get-through-the-level-as-fast-as-you-can kind of game (though I love those too). It is a game of progression, both in terms of your sims lives and now of the world around them. Therefore the inability to save is a fatal flaw. NO LONGER, for here is a solution tried and true:

(Shad0w searched for and sent me a link to edit into your post. Hope you don't mind. ~Regina)
http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

BACKUP YOUR GAME EXE. (BASE GAME=TS3,WA=TS3EP01,HELS=TS3SP01,AMB=TS3EP02)

1.Open the Application (my icon looks like a red chili, I guess some of you call 'em peppers)

2.Click on the folder (or file->open)

3.Find and Open your exe. should be in program files->Electronic Arts->whichever EP or SP you're running->Game->Bin->you're here (directory provided above)

4.Click on File Header(left side of the screen). On the right side of the screen, under Meaning, click "Click Here" button

5.In new window, find "App can handle>2GB address space, click OK and Save.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Find main game folder(should be in program files->Electronic Arts->whichever EP or SP you're running->Game->Bin->you're here)

2.Right Click on exe. go to properties->security->edit your named account (ex.Daniel-PC)to full access. click OK. Now Try Again.

EDIT: I have been told that an exe. that is modified using CFF Explorer, has no problems with patching up. I have never tried this, but if you forgot to backup your files, you might wanna give this a shot. (the info is courtesy of Twallan, who wouldn't lead you astray)

EDIT: (Courtesy of Dolldrms1) FordGT90Concept has also written a large address aware program that is available for download on MTS here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=410418

Also by him and nifty to have, if one is having crashes, is his Crash Log Analyzer here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2011, 05:16 AM
RE: SIMS 3 ERROR 12 AND 13 SOLVED (REALLY THIS TIME!!!)
It works!
04-13-2012, 09:58 PM
This is the solution that worked for me.

I have windows 7 32-bits with 4gb RAM and i did this memory expansion process described on this video.

-Open CMD.exe as administrator (click "start" button, seach:"cmd" right click on it and "Run as administrator").

-type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 (if you have 3gb RAM)
-type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 (if you have 4gb RAM)

-Open game as administrator (right click the shotcut and "Run as administrator").

If you have 3gb or 4gb RAM this solution may work for you too.

I hope this helps.

04-13-2012, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 11:19 PM by tontrin.)
Hi acid! I've used that method, running the game as administrator, on my older computer that I had problems with and it did help. Thanks for posting this; I'm sure someone will come along that could use the information. Sunshine
07-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I apologize for being "thick" but I'm having trouble with something. I haven't had error code 12 in years and it all of a sudden popped back up within the last two weeks. I would love to try your method but I'm confused about something. On number 1 and 2, could you please elaborate a little more. What do you mean by open the application and click on the folder? I'm unable to find the File Header on the left side of the screen. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Could you please clarify a little for me. Thank you.

(04-11-2011 01:34 PM)Regina Wrote:  (This was originally posted by Guy on the old forum.)

THIS IS FOR 64-BIT OS USERS, 32-BIT-ers YOU CAN DO THIS WITH A FEW EXTRA STEPS THAT I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE TELLING YOU HOW TO PERFORM, DO SOME SEARCHING. MAC-ies, NO CLUE, SORRY. AGAIN TRY SEARCHING

The Sims series is not a Shoot Em Up, get-through-the-level-as-fast-as-you-can kind of game (though I love those too). It is a game of progression, both in terms of your sims lives and now of the world around them. Therefore the inability to save is a fatal flaw. NO LONGER, for here is a solution tried and true:

(Shad0w searched for and sent me a link to edit into your post. Hope you don't mind. ~Regina)
http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

BACKUP YOUR GAME EXE. (BASE GAME=TS3,WA=TS3EP01,HELS=TS3SP01,AMB=TS3EP02)

1.Open the Application (my icon looks like a red chili, I guess some of you call 'em peppers)

2.Click on the folder (or file->open)

3.Find and Open your exe. should be in program files->Electronic Arts->whichever EP or SP you're running->Game->Bin->you're here (directory provided above)

4.Click on File Header(left side of the screen). On the right side of the screen, under Meaning, click "Click Here" button

5.In new window, find "App can handle>2GB address space, click OK and Save.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IF NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Find main game folder(should be in program files->Electronic Arts->whichever EP or SP you're running->Game->Bin->you're here)

2.Right Click on exe. go to properties->security->edit your named account (ex.Daniel-PC)to full access. click OK. Now Try Again.

EDIT: I have been told that an exe. that is modified using CFF Explorer, has no problems with patching up. I have never tried this, but if you forgot to backup your files, you might wanna give this a shot. (the info is courtesy of Twallan, who wouldn't lead you astray)

EDIT: (Courtesy of Dolldrms1) FordGT90Concept has also written a large address aware program that is available for download on MTS here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=410418

Also by him and nifty to have, if one is having crashes, is his Crash Log Analyzer here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883
07-05-2012, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 02:14 PM by Sookielee.)
Tennetta the application you are to open must be downloaded from this link: http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

I am sorry you could not see it more clearly. If you are having trouble using the program, I can not help you as I am unfamiliar with it.
07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you so much. I will download it and see how it works!

(07-05-2012 02:14 PM)Sookielee Wrote:  Tennetta the application you are to open must be downloaded from this link: http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

I am sorry you could not see it more clearly. If you are having trouble using the program, I can not help you as I am unfamiliar with it.
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Glad I could help.
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
(04-13-2012 09:58 PM)acid Wrote:  This is the solution that worked for me.

I have windows 7 32-bits with 4gb RAM and i did this memory expansion process described on this video.

-Open CMD.exe as administrator (click "start" button, seach:"cmd" right click on it and "Run as administrator").

-type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 (if you have 3gb RAM)
-type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 (if you have 4gb RAM)

-Open game as administrator (right click the shotcut and "Run as administrator").

If you have 3gb or 4gb RAM this solution may work for you too.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much its does Kiss_32x32 Kissed_32x32 was right that someone find it useful too..
All the time I go save was getting error 12 and lost everything all the time
been having this issue for 2 months..Yesterday I did this in cmd and reset my pc
and now can save,your my hero (hugs) =)
11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm so glad you got your game working. I've run into that problem before and it's extremely frustrating.

By the way, welcome to CS3. Wave2
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Just love hearing good news like this. Cool_32x32
12-08-2013, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 09:25 AM by CD43.)
Crying_32x32 ... I played my game last night, and when I got ready to close it and save, I got the "horrid" Code 12 message .... I was so disgusted! I have already done the LAA to include ALL the expansion executables ... I got the error a few day's ago, when I was trying to update my "Victoria Isles" with the new bed and breakfast ... I tried the tip using the "command" prompt, and I got my Victoria Isles game updated and saved, (although I'm not playing the world at this time, I try to keep it up to date with Judy's creations) So this is occurring now in my Sosa Story in Starlight Shores ... Crying_32x32
12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Cindy, I can't remember if this error does the same thing as Error code 16. I had that in my game this weekend. I've been sick all weekend so I've been lazy and playing more. That error creates a "BAD" save in your Saves folder in the documents. Did you check in there? All I had to do was minimize the game, delete the save with the "BAD" file extension and then use "save as" to re-save after again popping up the game. My world has been saving fine ever since.

I've had all these errors before, but it had been years since the last time. I don't know if it's something in the latest patch or what making these errors again appear. It's frustrating. That last patch was HUGE!!! I see it fixed quite a lot of things, however, there are still problems in the game, like when I went to buy an new stove and fridge for my sims' house they newly moved into. It took what seemed like forever for the stove (rather the stove footprint, because all I saw moving was the little green square of the stove) to stop bouncing all over the kitchen once it started moving after being frozen for quite some time. Then I was finally able to place a new stove in their kitchen. I've had that glitch in my game since Pets came out I believe or shortly thereafter. Another thing I notice that's still happening is when a sim is taking care of the baby, for some strange reason, in between the interactions with him/her, the sim gets excited and starts clapping his/her hands; all the while the baby is attached to one of the sim's hands and flails all over the place. I keep expecting the baby to fly out of the sim's hand, hit the wall and the social services worker to show up to take the child away from the negligent family. Roflol
12-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Laughtingoutloud_32x32 tontrin ... I haven't seen the "baby glitch" your describing ... but I have had the problem "moving the appliances" ... stove, and fridge! The error code did create a save file with the .bad extension, and I deleted it first thing! I've been playing my game again today, and have not had any problem saving so far! I do "save as" and in sequences of 3, so I have a total of 3 saved games for the Sosa family ... I do save often during game play (lesson learned the hard way) I assure you Tongue_32x32 During this last game play session, Brians new wife Alma is getting "stuck" .... when I prompt her to do something it cancels out immediately ... she's just standing there looking at the wall, and counting her money ... Laughtingoutloud_32x32 .... I've used twallans master controller to reset her once already, but was not a fix ... so I'm gonna close out the game, and reboot my system, cleaning out the cache before I open my game ... I'll let you know how that goes! Thanks so much for your input Happy_32x32
12-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh, I hope you get Alma fixed. If that doesn't work, take her into CAS with Master Controller under Advanced options and change a bit about her in there, maybe tweak her body a little and give her a trait update. I had an in-game sim in Monty Vista that was glitched and I could not successfully move her into a house in the neighborhood. She was a handy service sim. I think after I edited her in CAS, it overwrote her code and I was able to move her in and everything was fine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk