Supernatural-Death by Magic Jelly Bean
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
X3-exclamation Supernatural-Death by Magic Jelly Bean
I found out that the magic jelly beans are poisonous to the witches, at least to the one I was playing the other day. She immediately dropped over dead after eating one. Unfortunately I found no other option than to eat them off the tree and haven't wanted to off any other sims yet to take a chance on letting someone else try one. Has anyone else had any instant sim death by Magic Jelly Bean?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2012, 02:52 AM
RE: Supernatural-Death by Magic Jelly Bean
no, I haven't, but good to know! I haven't played any of the supernatural characters (other than the fairy) and didn't even know there was a Magic Jelly Bean tree! hummmmmm, I should get out more, in my game ... lol!
09-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Ya, I was surprised by the results. I don't remember if I took the time to read the description of the tree in the buy mode catalog or not. I've got to try to remember to do that when I've got the game loaded again and see if it says anything about eating at your own risk. Laughtingoutloud_32x32
09-20-2012, 01:24 PM
be sure to let us all know tontrin .... I'll look as well next time I play, but that'll be a few day's from now....real life is on the front burner for now ! Have a great day :)
09-23-2012, 10:11 AM
I was actually able to remember to read the description of the magic jelly bean tree and it doesn't say anything about dire consequences from eating the jelly beans. There's no warning whatsoever. Inge pointed me to this mod that takes away the chance of your sim dieing or catching on fire among other things (I didn't even know there were other terrible things that could happen because I didn't want to take a chance on letting another sim eat one and die!):

http://www.sims2workshop.com/index.php?p...eadID=3478

Go Inge! Sunshine
09-26-2012, 12:03 AM
I vaguely recall something about dire effects of the jelly beans, but I don't think it was in the item description, I don't recall. I don't think they're targeted in any way, I think it's genuinely random.
09-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the link tontrin, and Spacerox .... so it's like 50/50 chance or something???? maybe twallan can tweak his mod, to fix those odd's :)

Got that mod tontrin ... just to MAKE SURE.... LOL
09-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Whatever the odds, the first sim I tried having eat the jelly bean died right there on the spot. Grim was there in about a second for her. It's the fastest death I've ever seen in the game. Crazy. :scared:

And you're welcome Cindy. :D
10-26-2012, 07:54 AM
It's totally random. My witch and Fairy eats them all the time. There are several different effects from eating them. I haven't seen a death yet, but I know it can happen. Didn't know there was a mod to stop that. Better check it out..lol
10-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Yes, a very handy mod. Sunshine
10-27-2012, 06:16 PM
I suppose that doesn't apply to ghosts? Or does it force them to "go to the netherworld" and you lose them again? The one addicted to the beans in my family is a ghost. <_<
10-27-2012, 08:29 PM
That's a very good question Darkitow. I haven't had a ghost try to eat them. :bounce:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk