Thread Closed 
Essential CC
04-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Essential CC
Thought I would start this thread. I figured, would be nice to have one for CC that people just can't live without. You know, that CC that you constantly use from other sites and the game is lacking without.

My big ones are the 2 roof packs from Qbuilderz at MTS

Granted, it's only 2 packs, but it gives so much variety to your roofing. And they are I think the best roofs I have found, even better than ones on pay sites.

One pack has 40 colors, the other one has 10 colors, but the roofs have nice different colored accents. I would seriously rate these a 10/10 and I use them in every lot I build.
Find all posts by this user
04-28-2011, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 02:38 AM by auntielynds.)
RE: Essential CC
This is a good thread!

These are in my "Must Have" folder in my mods folder. If I take out all my mods for any reason, these always stay in.

nointro by Rick

Treeag - AutoBuyDebug

Treeag - AutoTestingCheatsEnabledTrue
04-28-2011, 03:24 AM
My must have(s) are my default skins & replacement hair textures, awesome, twallans mods, better nights sleep & roofs by tammy_trauma. The rest I could live without, though I wouldn't want to !
04-28-2011, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 03:39 AM by Regina.)
Ooh yes, good thread!

Of course there's Jynx's rabbit hole replacements here. :D

Otherwise, for me are a few:

Gangreless' Sky Mod which changes daylight hours to longer, more in line with what it is in northern climates during the summer.

Dolphin's Magic Gardening Gnome, not so my Sims don't ever have to take care of their garden, just so they don't have to do quite as much. The little guy does the weeding and my Sims do the rest.

How about this? Cmomoney's animated ceiling fan? I notice there's a brand new one on MTS today made by Morphead, cloned from cmomoney's. Both of those will be going in my game shortly and most likely used quite a bit.

Of course I also have a collection of mods the likes of which I wouldn't even try playing without, the big ones from Twallan and awesomemod, and a few others that make the game more enjoyable.

I almost forgot these little storage boxes! This is definitely must-have for me, along with Jynx's shelves to store them on. Although I have no idea where Jynx's shelves are at the moment.

I also use an assortment of custom roofs although it took me a while to go through them all and remove colors that were pretty similar. Even a dozen or so add a huge variety to the game.

I hadn't seen that nointro, AuntieLynds. I'm going to have to grab that! :)
04-28-2011, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 09:26 AM by Gurra.)
Well, to get what Gangreless' Sky Mod does I use my own mod, hehe, since it's done in package format and there is nothing you need to backup. :P Except for that (which is essiential, why would I do it if not?) I can't think of any other downloads that really are essential for me except for Twallans mods, especially MasterController, StoryProgression and Overwatch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Totally agreeing on Twallan's Master Controller. Couldn't live without it.

I HAVE to have Treeag's TestingCheatsEnabled True and BuyDebug mods as well...I wish there was an UnlockAll mod for clothes, as well.
I also find I need her other mods that put all scrap away, put all produce and fish in the fridge, put all books away, and allow you to sell rocks and gems at the science building. I used to have them, took them out and now I need to get them back because they streamlined my play so much.

Let's see, other than those...I usually have cmomoney's default replace bay and boxy windows in that have the additional slots.
Gelydh's shiftable stuff replacements...Part 1 and Part 2
JaneSamborski's default replacement wood patterns and the slatted flooring that removes the gridlines EA left.
HugeLunatic's replacement fixes of the Egypt bed, the windows and doors that EA didn't do the cutouts right for.

Oh, and Winterhart's higher LTR for babies, job promotions and weddings.
(I don't go very high on that one, but seriously they give you pretty much NOTHING for getting married or having a kid or getting a promotion and I get pretty pumped over those things, so it's definitely worth more than you get lol.)
04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
(04-28-2011 02:35 AM)auntielynds Wrote:  nointro by Rick

Hey Auntielynds, does Rick's no intro mod still really work in your game? My game could not run with it after a new patch a while back (I can't remember which one, sometime I think after LN) and I never saw that it was updated to a newer version that was compatible with later patches. I see also on the thread at MTS that other people are having issues with it not working in their games as well. I loved this mod and miss it terribly.
04-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh, you know what? I completely forgot something new I added to my game last go-round, which is a mod that lets rocks and bugs be sold in the Consignment store! It's one of Twallan's and I like it better than selling the rocks at the science center, although that's a nice option too.
05-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Gosh, I have a lot of mods so let's see - faster homework, faster toddler training, no censor blur, Twoftmama's plantastic gardening mod as well as her hot beverages give energy and no autonomous workouts mods, granthes adjustable curtains, no paparazzi, harder celebrity mod by HP at MTS, Sims2Kid405 more start-out cash (75k verison), cheaper rewards, and faster skills, and several of Twallan's mods. Oh, and no foot-tapping. I have a few more but I could live without those if I had to. I wish someone would re-do the no coughing mod, although it seems to me they don't do it nearly as often as they used to. That's why a lot of this stuff is so annoying; EA never heard of the word MODERATION.

Spacerox, it doesn't look like you use it but Twallan's SP does all the things you mentioned, including unlocking the clothing filters. And I used to use the No Intro mod. Some people say it still works fine for them, but I never put it back in since pressing the ESC key also skips the intro and I figure that's not too much effort. :cheesy:
05-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:hot beverages give energy

Just today I was wondering if there was a mod for this so I'm glad you mentioned it! I use some of Twoftmama's mods as well but haven't made the rounds for a while and didn't know about that one.

Clicking the mouse button also makes the intro disappear but it would be nice sometimes not to have to sit here and wait for it just because sometimes I don't want to sit here that long. Laughtingoutloud_32x32
05-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Tontrin ,

Yes, my no intro still works fine. I've had it in so long, I was surprised not long ago when I took my mods folder out, and the intro started playing.
05-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh, wow, if I remember correctly, the last time I had it in my game after doing an update (don't remember which), my game would not load with it installed. Maybe I should try it again. It's really handy. It even stops the black screen with the plumbbob from loading and goes straight to the load screen of the game.
05-10-2011, 01:27 AM
New version of the stop coughing mod http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?...ge=3&pp=25
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
MacBorsco, thank you for the link to the updated mod! That coughing is really ridiculous.
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
(05-10-2011 01:03 PM)Regina Wrote:  MacBorsco, thank you for the link to the updated mod! That coughing is really ridiculous.

You can say that again! Absolutely thank you Mac.

By the way, Regina, I got four e-mail notices to Mac's one reply to this thread all dated and time stamped the same. That's really funny, because usually I don't get some of the e-mails, then all of a sudden, I get quadruple on this one.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk