[LN or Base Game] Rabbit Hole Replacements (The Rugs are back!) (Pets Fix)
03-08-2011, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 09:42 AM by Sookielee.)
TS3 EP03 Late Night [LN or Base Game] Rabbit Hole Replacements (The Rugs are back!) (Pets Fix)
Edit by Tontrin (12/22/2012)

As many people have been having problems installing these in their games, it seems prudent to edit this post to include a bit of instruction on that. I have today installed these into my game with Supernatural and Seasons and Patch 1.42 and they work. The doors are showing up in Build Mode under the regular door section and the rugs are showing up in the Buy Mode under the Decorative Rugs section.

These files are uploaded in a "7Zip" compressed file that needs to be extracted with the "7Zip" tool free to download at this LINK.

These files need to be placed in the "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" folder for your game. If you do not have that folder setup, you will find setup instructions on the Sims Wiki at this LINK. There is a download link on that page for the Framework you will need that includes the files necessary for this type of file to show up in your game.

Shad0w also put this framework in our Custom Content and Tutorials section at this LINK.

I hope this is helpful and clears up any confusion on getting these to work in game.

Happy Simming! Flower_32x32 ~Tontrin

Here are the files, both before and after Patch 1.26. (the Pets Patch) Please download according to your patch level. If your game is patched higher than 1.26 please get the Pets Patch 1.26 Version. It you have not patched you game since before Pets was released, download the 1.24 Version.

Rugs & Doors PATCH 1.24 or Lower

.7z  JynxRabbitholeRugsBASEGAME.7z (Size: 214.81 KB / Downloads: 2075)

.7z  JynxRabbitholeDoorsBASEGAME.7z (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 1142)

.7z  JynxRabbitholesLateNight.7z (Size: 741.46 KB / Downloads: 1031)

Rugs & Doors PETS PATCH 1.26 +

.7z  Jynx_BaseGameRabbitHole-Rugs-PetsFix.7z (Size: 212.31 KB / Downloads: 10479)

.7z  Jynx_LN_RabbitHole-Rugs-PetsFix.7z (Size: 86.23 KB / Downloads: 8509)

.7z  Jynx_BaseGameRabbitHole-Doors-PetsFix.7z (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 6404)

.7z  Jynx_LN_RabbitHole-Doors-PetsFix.7z (Size: 732.38 KB / Downloads: 6861)

Misty's Rabbit Hole Rugs
The following are link to another site where you can download. Custom Sims is not affiliated with the site below, but wishes to make finding Rabbit Hole Replacements easier for our members.

Supernatural & Equestrian Center
Island Paradise Resort Rugs

Rugs
Jynx Wrote:These are not a repost, these were recreated with Late Night
and include 15 Base Game and 4 of Late Nights new Rabbit Holes.

The Movie Studio is not included, it's coded to place an extra object
(a movie set), which interfered with the rug.

Usage is simple, they MUST have 2 empty spaces in every direction,
to prevent routing issues.
Plus a little extra space for groups of sims to stand around waiting to enter.

They work on both Commercial and Residential Lots and can be
found in the Buy Catalogue under Decor -> Rugs,
and each has it's own custom catalogue icon to help you find them faster.
They are also CASt friendly, so recolor to your hearts content.

Doors
Jynx Wrote:These were originally designed to replace the rugs, but the rugs are proving to be too popular.
These include 15 Base Game and 5 Late Night Rabbit Holes
that can be found in the Build Catalogue under Doors.

Usage is simple, some doore slide and some swing (EA's doing not mine),
so all doors require 2 empty spaces on thier left and right,
front and back space varies, leave enough space for sim to stand around
waiting thier turn to enter (minimum of 2).

If you place stairs near them, the door and stairs will need 2 spaces each ( a total of 4) or you WIL have routing issues.

The Base Game Day Spa doesn't work on diagonal walls, so if you try,
it WILL revert to a safe, normal door (my doing).

The Late Night Subway Door WILL explode your game if placed on a
diagonal wall ( then moved again), so It's been disabled , too.

There's also a Bug with placing more then 1 subway door on a lot, that
causes arriving sims to appear outside the door and walk into the room
the door is attached to, trapping them there.
The fix is easy, either use only 1 subway per lot or add a regular door to
the room, so they can get out.

Some users have had trouble placing the door within 4 squares of the lot
edge, i don't know why, nor can I fix it, just give it more space.

Some users had trouble placing previous versions on sloping ground.
Current versions are flagged to allow them on slopes, BUT, if the slope is
not gentle enough, routing issues will occur.
Either level the area or use foundations.

My Usage Policy
Jynx Wrote:You may not post these anywhere else
You may link to this post, Ho linking to the files is forbidden
You may reverse engineer them to learn from, but you may not post
modified versions of them
Do your own work and make your own from scratch.

Regina Wrote:I went ahead and ran these through the RigFix. I don't have LN installed so I could not test the LN rugs/doors. I did put the base game versions through a fair amount of testing but didn't get through every possible option in each one. They definitely appear to be working fine, even a Sim family that EA SP moved into Build Town found them quite appealing. If you have any problems with them, please let me know.
DOORS located: Buildmode/Doors
RUGS located: Buymode/Decorative/Rugs

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
RE: [LN or Base Game] Rabbit Hole REplacements (The Rugs are back!)
Aww, Jynx, I could just give you a big old hug for updating the rugs! Of course I absolutely love both concepts. :thumbsup2:

AND here is why I do. Last night I was playing for a little while in one of my favorite custom towns and in that particular town almost all the rabbit holes are buried. In theory that seems like a good idea for creating custom rabbit holes, but I'm using Twallan's Story Progression mod so I get all kinds of info about the Sims in that town, including how various Sims aren't making it to their jobs. Since it kept happening I decided best to go check on each one having problems. In every case they were having problems accessing the rabbit holes. I'll be revamping every one of those lots either with a door or rug. :MrGreen:
03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Ah, shucks, Ma'am, glad to have a happy customer :)
04-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I've been using the rugs for a while. Thanks so much for making them and updating them for LN! :)
*Downloads*
04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Thanks for this update. These rugs are hard to play without :)
04-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the update!
I have to admit that I prefer the rugs to build Rabbit Holes. That's why I was a little bit disappointed at first when I only could download the doors. But of course it depends on the intentions of users whether they like to use the one or the other. Therefore it is great to have both concepts now.
hexameter
04-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I have not played a game without these items since you first created them. If I remove my custom content for some reason, these are always the first things that go back into the game. A thousand thank yous.You rock
04-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Thank you Jinx-I have also been using your rugs for awhile-love em.
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
So glad they're back up here at CS3. I know you have them up at MTS since the forum debuckle, but this just seems like their home. Sunshine

These are by far the most commonly referred to CC in all the sim sites I visit. Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say, "Jinx's Rugs". LOL, and it's usually "They're the only CC I use", or "Where can I get them". I'm going to link this post in the resources section of the Caw FAQ, to make it easier for some to find them.

Thank you Jinx! :chaplin:
04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks for this, I love the rugs, they allow me to build my city my way ;)
Question though: I created this community lot and assigned it to be a library, then I placed the rabbit hole rug for the police station on it, cause I wanted this lot to contain two buildings: the library AND the police station. However, when I go into Edit Town mode I can select the lot and it says library, but when I go into lifemode and select "View town" (or whatever it's called exactly), the lot only appears to be a police station. So there's "no library".
Do I need a special set of rugs for community lots or is what I'm trying to do just not possible?

Thanks in advance.
04-26-2011, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 05:16 PM by Spacerox.)
Jynx's rugs ARE for community lots. Unfortunately, what you're trying to do is no longer permissable by the game.
Since Ambitions, I think it was, they changed the way non-rabbithole lots work...you can have multiple rabbitholes to a lot, but I they changed it so that you couldn't place a rabbithole in a non-rabbithole lot, it changes the function of the lot, so you can't have your firehouse and your police on the same lot.

I don't know why they did it that way, since having certain types of lots combined would make SO much sense, like the spa and the salon, firehouse and police station, junkyard and criminal hq, etc. You can still add the objects around it to make them LOOK like they're combined, but the game no longer lets you do it that way.
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I am planning on using one with my windmill
I will be creating another windmill for use with the dinner in my CAW town. Thank you for the creations. O-Decaff
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2011 01:29 PM by suzetter.)
Jynx - please reconsider releasing the movie studio doors because even if they require a stage set I can tell you from beta testing them that it is more fun, appealing, and playable to have a sound stage with a stage set, craft services, seating, and bathrooms them to have a building with a stage set sitting outside. I built a two story building on my municipal lot to accommodate the set and had visitor doors on one side and the RH doors on the other so I was able to utilize it and my Sims were able to work there as well. Here's pix:

05-24-2011, 08:26 PM
(05-24-2011 01:25 PM)suzetter Wrote:  Jynx - please reconsider releasing the movie studio doors because even if they require a stage set I can tell you from beta testing them that it is more fun, appealing, and playable to have a sound stage with a stage set, craft services, seating, and bathrooms them to have a building with a stage set sitting outside. I built a two story building on my municipal lot to accommodate the set and had visitor doors on one side and the RH doors on the other so I was able to utilize it and my Sims were able to work there as well. Here's pix:

im rushing off to work, so im a tad confused, The Movie Studio was released as a door, I just couldn't make a rug out of it, It refused to work without a door mesh for the script to act upon.
05-24-2011, 11:37 PM
(05-24-2011 08:26 PM)Jynx Wrote:  im rushing off to work, so im a tad confused, The Movie Studio was released as a door, I just couldn't make a rug out of it, It refused to work without a door mesh for the script to act upon.

:oops: Jynx, I misread the post and thought you hadn't released the movie studio doors -- which I really love BTW. Sorry for any confusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
TS3 EP04 Generations Rabbit Hole Replacement for an equestrian center hexameter 40 35,158 01-04-2014 12:59 PM
Last Post: janet

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk